Walk-through videos are becoming increasingly popular. The seller’s agent simply films a tour of a home, often including commentary, and then makes the video available to prospects.
When you’re shopping for a new home, you want to get the most out of watching this type of video, especially if you’re relying on it to help you decide whether or not to make a viewing appointment.
Consider these suggestions:
- Remember, it’s a video. So take advantage of the ability to pause, go back and forth, and take screenshots you can review later.
- When you’re watching, look for everyday items that can give you perspective, such as a lamp, sofa or chair. These items will help you gain a more accurate sense of room sizes.
- Although that previous tip will help, it’s still difficult to judge room size on a video. So, don’t be quick to dismiss a listing because you think the rooms might be too small.
- Pay attention to what is not shown. Did the agent leave the ensuite bathroom out of the video? That may indicate an issue.
- When viewing the main rooms, such as the living room and kitchen, try to get a sense of how your furniture will fit.
- Make a list of features and characteristics you want in your next home. Have that list handy as you watch the video. You can use it as a checklist.
- While you’re watching, jot down any questions you have about the property.
After watching the video, if you like what you see, take the next step. Schedule a viewing appointment
Post Your Comment: